Every year many extremely talented people choose to pause their careers for a variety of reasons. Ramboll’s Return to Work Programme aims to reinvigorate the careers of those who have taken time out, ringfencing flexible opportunities for returners and providing additional support to ease the transition.
Ramboll has partnered with Inclusivity to create a programme that will help you get back up to speed in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Birmingham, Chester, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to regular home working.
Applications close on 16th November 2021 with the programme commencing on 10th January 2022. We look forward to receiving your application and…welcome back!
“We at Inclusivity are very excited to work with Ramboll to bring talent to the fore across the Engineering Sector. We know the talent, experience and passion is out there to fulfill all of these amazing roles and opportunities. We can’t wait to help you transition back into the industry and career you love with Ramboll.” Stephanie Dillon, Founder of Inclusivity Partners
Who Is It For?
Returner opportunities are available to those who have been on a career break of 12 months or longer from the time of application.
The programme is seeking expressions of interest from people with the following backgrounds:
- Civil, structural or mechanical engineering backgrounds
- Project management backgrounds within construction or engineering
- Renewable energy consulting
- Energy strategy
- Offshore wind consulting / project management / engineering / design management
- Sustainability experience
How It Works
The Returners programme starts on Monday 10th January 2022 and lasts for six months until Friday 8th July 2022.
You will be part of a cohort of fellow returners. These paid opportunities will bring you up to speed with the current market while letting you put your past career expertise to use. While there are no guarantees, these fixed-term positions are designed as a stepping stone back into a professional career; our goal is to secure you a permanent position by the end of the programme.
You will be eligible for benefits and annual leave from day one. Ramboll has a positive approach to flexible and hybrid working; they welcome applications from those seeking to work full- or part-time and, in most circumstances, offer additional flexibility around working hours and regular home working. In some situations, candidates may be offered to start sooner, should that be of interest, and match business needs.
Click on the individual job links above to find out more about each role and to submit your CV. Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity to work for you: Remember:
- They have offices across the UK to choose from
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support from both Inclusivity and Ramboll
Do submit your C.V even if you do not exactly match the experience requirements as we do also understand transferable skills are valuable.
Inclusivity will review all applications and contact potential candidates to arrange an initial interview. We will also contact you if you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note interviews are conducted on a rolling basis as applications come in. Please try not to leave your application to the last few days.
To be eligible for any role in the programme you will need to:
- Have taken a career break of at least 12 months from the time of application
- Have a keen interest in returning to work
- Be able to undertake the role from January 2022 to July 2022
- Demonstrate previous experience in a similar field with the required listed opportunity areas
- Provide evidence of right to work in the United Kingdom
- Be able to work for 3, 4 or 5 days per week
Applications close on Tuesday 16th November 2021
Throughout the programme Inclusivity will support you by:
- Conducting first interviews
- Ensure you feel comfortable before your interview and help you prepare
- Help update your CV and choose the best version to move forward with
- Prior to week one, you will join the cohort for pre-commencement training. This session is designed to place you in a position for a confident first day, equipping you with the knowledge and insights on how to take control of your own success
- Also prior to week one, we will deliver a training session to your line manager on how to best support a career returner, particularly in the early months.
- During the programme you will receive 3 one-to-one coaching sessions with Inclusivity’s specialist return to work coaches. These sessions will address any personal needs you may have.
- Connecting you with a buddy and an internal mentor
And finally, you will be a part of a fabulous cohort of returners who will offer you support and friendship as you all embark on this new stage of your careers.
Ramboll believes in creating and embracing an inclusive culture, they value diversity and encourage individuals to be themselves, where knowledge sharing and learning together is part of their collective journey. Personal and professional development is central to their people policies and enabled with the help of a transparent organisation structure, annual salary benchmarking and promotion reviews, and guided development process.
Underpinned by strong values and ethics, Ramboll strives to support all colleagues throughout their life and provides an extensive array of benefits and initiatives to support employee and family health and wellbeing.
Ramboll is also unique in that it is 97.7% owned by a Foundation set up to ensure the long-term existence of the company. Profit is reinvested in the business, awarded to research and development projects, and donated to philanthropic causes. The remainder of its shares are owned by Ramboll employees.
These are just some of the ways that Ramboll demonstrates their commitment to providing a secure, exciting and inspiring workplace for their employees. They also recognise not all people will want to return to their careers on a full-time basis, which is why they are incredibly welcoming of those seeking both part-time and full-time returner opportunities.
Ramboll is a global engineering, architecture and consultancy company shaping built and natural environments around the world. Founded in Denmark in 1945, the company lives up to the Nordic reputation for being ethically, environmentally and socially conscious.
Their mission to create sustainable societies where people and nature flourish makes Ramboll a workplace where everyone is encouraged to contribute, grow and innovate, while being guided by deeply rooted core values.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 employees working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.